litle problem with the generic module help needed :-)

From: Chris Brannon
Subject: litle problem with the generic module help needed :-)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 19:23:03 -0500

Halim Sahin <halim.sahin at t-online.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> My sd_generic based module reads always the vallues of sheell variables.
> See the following example:

Hi!
I'm so sorry.  I completely misread your earlier post.
The text is not being properly escaped when it is being sent to the
external command.

Here's an example which sends some text to Speech Dispatcher.  It will
be rendered using the sd_generic module with the espeak-generic
configuration.  The example is in Python.  I could use spd-say for this,
but I don't want to deal with more shell quoting.
Notice that it is possible to cause sd_generic to execute arbitrary
code.

-- Chris