No subject

From: bogus
Subject: No subject
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 11:35:16 -0000

gives mrore natural 'realistic' speech, that approach breaks down very quickly
when you want unnaturally high speaking rates. In general, I've found the
older mathematical approximations give better clarity and quality of
pronounciation at high speeds than the newer concatenative approach. and as
someone who has to live with TTS, I'd rather have fast unnatural speech that
sounds like it came form a bad 70s sci fi movie that I can understand at high
rates than realistic sounding speech that can only be understood at 'natural'
speaking rates. However, I believe I'm in the minority and the demand is for
natural sounding voices that are used mainly at natural speaking rates and
that it will get harder to get the older style.

Tim

--
Tim Cross
tcross at rapttech.com.au

There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they
understand and those who do not understand what they manage.
--
Tim Cross
tcross at rapttech.com.au