WARNING possible mem leaks in libspeechd?

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: WARNING possible mem leaks in libspeechd?
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 05:31:30 +0200

Hi,
On Do, Aug 13, 2009 at 08:51:34 +1000, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 04:25:12AM EST, Halim Sahin wrote:
> What if you were to compile your test against libspeechd properly? I.e
> don't dlopen the library, but include libspeechd.h, and link it with
> gcc? Something similar to this:
>
> test-client.c:
> #include<stdio.h>
> #include <libspeechd.h>
>
> int main ()
> {
>       SPDConnection *speechd_connection;
>
>       speechd_connection = spd_open("Test client", "Test client connection",
> "tester", SPD_MODE_SINGLE);
>       if (speechd_connection == NULL)
>       {
>               fprintf(stderr, "Unable to make a connection with
> speech-dispatcher.\n");
>               return 1;
>       }
>       printf("Connection with speech-dispatcher made successfully.\n");
>       spd_close(speechd_connection);
>       return 0;
> }
>
> Then compile with: gcc -o test-client test-client.c -lspeechd
Thanks, I know how to do this!

Yes I could do this this way but the resulting software will depend on
libspeechd at
runtime.
E. G. the SBL screenreader uses many different speech output systems
like
festival, ttsynth, apollo, infovox mbrola ...
If someone decides not to use speechd with sbl, the lib must be on your
system if
you have linked it together.

Thanks for your response, I will check the git repos for updates
regarding
the leak fixes.
can you send me the updates for testing purposes???
Regards
Halim