Speech Dispatcher sources moved to Git

From: Luke Yelavich
Subject: Speech Dispatcher sources moved to Git
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:24:41 +1000

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 07:44:44PM EST, Hynek Hanke wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we have moved Speech Dispatcher sources to Git, which will
> hopefully lead to easier use, better version management
> and improvements in work coordination.
>
> The new GIT archive is:
>
>   git://git.freebsoft.org/git/speechd

This is great news, however, the commit author names/email addresses are not
filled in. When I created my repo, I created an authors file that I used when
running git cvsimport. THe file in question is attached.

So I guess we could do one of 3 things:
 * The git repo is re-imported using the attached authors file.
 * I push --overwrite my repo on top of the new repo. This will restore
authorship information, but will likely leave a lot of dangling objects that
will need to be cleaned up.
 * I could send you a tarball of the .git dir for my repo, which could replace
the current repository.

Even though we have a ChangeLog, I think its still very much useful to have
authorship info in the commit headers. Again, I am happy to help in whatever
way I can, especially with my above 3 suggestions.

Luke