UTF8-characters coming as question marks while using generic driver

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: UTF8-characters coming as question marks while using generic driver
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 16:53:03 +0200

Santhosh Thottingal wrote:
> Attached the configuration file. I just edited the espeak generic
> configuration file and used.
> My speech-dispatcher version is 0.6.6

Your config file seems to behave correctly with my
Speech Dispatcher 0.6.7 . Perhaps there is some bug
with 0.6.6

You can get 0.6.7 Debian package from Experimental
and Ubuntu package as rc3 from
http://www.freebsoft.org/pub/projects/speechd/snapshot-ubuntu/ .

Or you can download and compile the source tarball
http://www.freebsoft.org/pub/projects/speechd/speech-dispatcher-0.6.7.tar.gz

Please let me know if this fixes your problem.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke