Starting speech dispatcher 0.6.7

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: Starting speech dispatcher 0.6.7
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 08:39:24 +0200

mk360 wrote:
> I've installed speech dispatcher 0.6.7 from sources, but I can't find
> the startup script in /etc/init.d/.

The source package for Speech Dispatcher doesn't contain
the /etc/init.d/ script. This is a thing specific to distributions,
so each distribution package contains its own script. You should
have no problems using the one from ubuntu package for sd 0.6.6

If you do
   apt-get source speech-dispatcher
then you find a file called "init.d" in the "debian/" directory.

> How can I create it? I'm using ubuntu intrepid, but i've configured my
> system
> to use alsa instead pulse audio to use speech dispatcher from console
> without the need of start gnome.

You do not need to start gnome to use Speech Dispatcher with Pulse Audio.
However, I can't recommend Pulse Audio as it is not ready yet in Ubuntu.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke