speech-dispatcher issues

From: Daniel Dalton
Subject: speech-dispatcher issues
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:02:14 +1000

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 01:04:40PM +0200, Hynek Hanke wrote:
> Daniel Dalton napsal(a):
>> I am using brltty with speech-dispatcher, however, when I type letters
>> it says nothing.
>> Reading by line for example does work.
>>
> Hello Daniel,
>
> from the logs you've sent it seems the problem
> is in the character encoding. What encoding are
> you using and what character set with Brltty?

Hi Hynek,

How can I check?
And change this?

> If this doesn't help, please switch LogLevel to
> 5 in speechd.conf and send me the full log
> on hanke at brailcom.org .

Should I wait until I check your question above? Or just send it now?
But, as I said, I'm not sure about the character set stuff.

> What version of Brltty
> are you using?

3.10 out of debian lenny and also the latest version out of svn...
None of them work...

Thanks for your help,

--
Daniel Dalton