Problem with 6.5rc1

From: Jan Buchal
Subject: Problem with 6.5rc1
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:54:16 +0100

    LB> Hi! Because of the audio problems I have discussed earlier, it's
    LB> important to me to run SD as a speech-dispatcher user. However,
    LB> I want to run it as a system service. I've created the user
    LB> speech-dispatcher, and give "him" the owwnership of
    LB> /var/run/speech-dispathcer and /var/lob/speech-dispatcher.
    LB> Starting the script (see below) will start SD as the root user.
    LB> How do you set the user to be speech-dispatcher?
I tdepends on a method which you use for starting. I don't know Fedora
so I can give you a several points which can be similar on debian.

If you start speech-dispatcher with start-stop-daemon on Debian you can
give them these parameters:

  -u|--user <username>|<uid>    stop processes owned by this user
  -g|--group <group|gid>        run process as this group

Maybe it can be similar with daemon service on Fedora. But from my point
of view is a bug in Fedora that it has no SD rpm package. You can send a
report bug.

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008