Problem with 6.5rc1

From: Lars Bjørndal
Subject: Problem with 6.5rc1
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:42:57 +0100

Hello!

After a long time fiddeling, I found the following bug:

If you, as a regular user (without a .speech-dispatcher directory)
start speech-dispatcher from a directory inside your home dir, then SD
just closes. Try the following:

- Log in as a normal user

- cd tmp

- speech-dispatcher -P sd.pid

Then you get into the situation I've mentioned. Doing this without
first cd-ing tmp, as follows:

- speech-dispathcer -P tmp/sd.pid

Works.

The owner/group aspect in Fedora of device nodes, is complicated! You
have to change content of
/etc/security/console.perms.d/50-default.perms. At this time, I'm not
sure if it's necessary if SD could run as it's own user.

Lars