[Fwd: Speech-dispatcher error]

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: [Fwd: Speech-dispatcher error]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:50:07 +0100

    TC> Every time I start speech-dispatcher, I get an error
    TC> message. The script starts first festival_server, and then the
    TC> speech-dispatcher.  The error message is: "Starting
    TC> speech-dispatcher:SIOD ERROR: unbound variable :
    TC> voice-list-language-codes.

It looks like festival-freebsoft-utils can't be loaded.  Check the
festival-freebsoft-utils files are at the same place as other Festival
.scm files and they are readable by the Festival server.

Assuming the Festival server runs on your local machine, you can connect
to it from command line:

  $ telnet localhost 1314

Then type the following Festival calls and press Enter after each of the
lines:

  (require 'speech-dispatcher)
  (voice-list-language-codes)

The Festival response should look like follows:

  Trying 127.0.0.1...
  Connected to localhost.
  Escape character is '^]'.
  (require 'speech-dispatcher)
  LP
  ft_StUfF_keyOK
  (voice-list-language-codes)
  LP
  ((czech_ph cs nil) (pc_diphone it nil) (lp_diphone it nil) (hy_fi_mv_diphone
fi nil) (suo_fi_lj_diphone fi nil) (kal_diphone en US) (ked_diphone en US))
  ft_StUfF_keyOK

Regards,

Milan Zamazal