Autonf Problems with Speechd

From: Steve Holmes
Subject: Autonf Problems with Speechd
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:47:47 -0700

I have a work-around for the autoconf problems I've been pleagued with
when build cvs versions of speechd.  The m4 macro, PKG_CHECK_MODULES
apparently doesn't exist in my environment and since I don't have
sndfile anywhare on my box, I'm just going to default my configure.in
to set the variable to 0 and be on with it.  When I do that, I am able
to complete building in cvs.  My question is where did this macro
definition come from? I'm using a Slackware 11 environment and I think
this macro may be a package dependent thing.  All other autoconf
macros begin with AC_.

BTW, that patch for espeak doesn't work against the latest cvs pull I
did a few minutes ago.  a hunk in Makefile.am fails to apply.

--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!