[Fwd: Looking for SSIP server for Microsoft Windows]

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: [Fwd: Looking for SSIP server for Microsoft Windows]
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 07:04:04 +0100

-------- Original message --------
Subject: Looking for SSIP server for Microsoft Windows
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:04:37 -0600
From: Macarty, Jay  {PBSG} <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
To: <webmaster at freebsoft.org>

My name is Jay Macarty and I am a totally blind java programmer. I have
written the initial draft of a screen reading software package for java
swing based applications that is a 100% java solution rather than using
the Java Access Bridge to expose the java virtual machine to an external
screen reader. Having the screen reader run inside the java virtual
machine and simply send its speech output to the outside world makes it
possible to fully utilize all features of the java accessibility
framework and makes it possible to implement java accessibility for
those who may not have a screen reader capable of supporting the Java
Access Bridge.

I am currently using an implementation of the java speech API, jsapi,
from Cloud Garden, to provide speech output but I would like to switch
this over to use SSIP. Since I primarily work in a Windows XP
environment, I would like to find or develop an application similar to
Speech Dispatcher for the Windows operating system. Can you give me any
direction and/or project work on providing a SSIP based speech/Braille
server for Windows?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your response.