Documentation

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: Documentation
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:50 2006

Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> I looked for an eps2pdf program but could only find them for Windows and I'm
> running Debian Linux.  Could you convert the file for me and send it?  It
> might work better for me.

Hi Gary,

I committed the pdf file into the CVS.  The program epstopdf is a part
of the tetex-bin Debian package.

> I can use ImageMagick to convert an eps file to pdf, but when I add 155mm to
> the texi source as you suggest, it is ignored.  The result is only part of
> the image fits on the page and texinfo mangles the document pretty badly.
> According to my texinfo manual, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4):
>
> "Image scaling is presently implemented only in TeX, not in HTML or any other
>
> sort of output."

This should be ok, I guess, since the PDF manual is created using TeX.
The HTML output uses the PNG image, which is scaled.  The info output
uses the ascii version.

I'm using the Debian texinfo package version 4.8-4.  I'd try running
texinfo with the PDF figure from CVS.  If that doesn't help, the problem
might be in your version of texinfo.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Tomas