question about speech dispatcher

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: question about speech dispatcher
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:51 2006

Hi,

Indeed, you don't need to start speech-dispatcher each time
you log in. Festival server and speech-dispatcher can
run in the background during all the time your pc is
running just like other server applications like
apache server or whatever. Then each time you start emacs
with speechd-el client, it connects to the running
speech-dispatcher. I don't know for what you're
using your pc but if there is no particular
application which need alot of resources, you can
let festival and speech-dispatcher run in the background.
In this case, the best way for me is to start them
in the startup scripts (in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d ... in
most of the distributions.)

Best regards

Pierre