spacebar-devel

Re: [SpaceBar-devel] still alive?

From: Jan
Subject: Re: [SpaceBar-devel] still alive?
Date: Fri Jun 28 16:21:10 2002

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 02:42:28PM +0000, Adam Olsen wrote:
> I'm CC'ing to engineer-devel too, hopefully can stir up some activity
> there ;)

Ok ;)

> - orthogonal vertex (aka isometric, this is what's in the screenshots)
> - orthogonal edge
> - orthogonal overhead
> - orthogonal free
> - perspective vertex
> - perspective edge
> - perspective overhead
> - perspective free
>
> Both with 2d and 3d rendering.  The primary difference between them is
> 2d pre-renders each model into a sprite, then draws the sprite on
> screen, while 3d renders the model directly.

That's like what I had in mind :) .

> I'd like XML for configuration and saved games too, just as long as we
> compress it as we save.  Ditto for scripting (I already have Python
> scripting) and transparent map/game archives.

Ok, then I guess we can benefit from each other. The next
thing(tm) I wanted to implement is a dynamic allocated
tree for all the variable data needed during run time. The
tree may be saved (as gz/bz2/plain XML) partly
(configuration) or as a whole (saved game). In addition I
will look into your code and try to figure out a way to
share. If I'm ready I will contact you again.

Jan