solfege-devel

Re: [Solfege-devel] Software solfeggi music for Mac operating system

From: Allen McBride
Subject: Re: [Solfege-devel] Software solfeggi music for Mac operating system
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 20:41:45 -0400

Hi Mario,

I'm not the author of Solfege, but years ago I helped get Solfege into the MacPorts project. MacPorts itself is a large installation, but it makes available a lot of software besides Solfege that is otherwise only available on Linux. Instructions for MacPorts are here: https://www.macports.org/install.php. Once that's installed, you can install Solfege with "sudo port install solfege" at the command line.

It is possible to compile the source code for Solfege yourself, but it is difficult. I'd recommend MacPorts for sure.

And yes, Solfege includes support for Italian.

-Allen McBride