solang-users

Re: [Solang-users] reusing xzgv code?

From: Debarshi Ray
Subject: Re: [Solang-users] reusing xzgv code?
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 03:05:17 +0200

> I was pleased to find solang-0.3.8 in Fedora-12 recently. It looks really nice
> even though many details could use fine tuning yet.. I realise a later version
> was released now.

The later version, 0.4, will need Tracker 0.7.x and Tumbler 0.1.x
which you will need to compile from source. Here are some SRPMs:
http://rishi.fedorapeople.org/tracker-0.7.16-1.fc12.src.rpm
http://sundaram.fedorapeople.org/packages/tumbler-0.1.1-2.fc12.src.rpm

> I was wondering if you did consider to reuse the x/zgv code for jpeg
> decoding? I still
> have a copy of xzgv in use here and the performance difference to other jpeg
> decoding
> libs seems quite noticeable. Although I am not sure how much of it is really
> jpeg
> decoding it feels much faster.

We use whatever GdkPixbuf (and so does Eye of GNOME) uses for decoding
JPEGs. I believe it uses libjpeg.

Cheers,
Debarshi
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.