social-mediagoblin

Re: [Social-mediagoblin] MediaGoblin: the Logo

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [Social-mediagoblin] MediaGoblin: the Logo
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 21:47:25 -0500

FWIF, on IRC there was some more discussion of the logo and some more
derivatives made.  I compiled a sheet:

http://dustycloud.org/misc/logo_derivatives.png

The upper right image is a derivative done by Karen Rustad, and I made a
bunch more iterations on that underneath there.  I really like the
direction Karen twas taking things, in particular the rounding out of
the eyes and making the ears clearer still.

Mairin Duffy had some criticisms that the eye'd M was looking fairly
dragon-ish, though I think that by the bottom right of that chain of
images she was satisfied that things were improving.  Anyway, she
suggested rounding out the eyes more, making the ears more fuzzy (which
Karen had done), adding the beret or maybe the nostrils and teeth, which
I did.

Bassam Kurdali suggested that the more-rounded eyes plus the fluffy ears
Karen added was looking a bit like a deer in headlights, but that the
adding the mouth and nostrils seemed to alleviate that.  However he
seemed to think that maybe both the beret and the ears were too much and
we drop one.  The lower-right image drops the ears and I think that
looks terrible, so I think if we drop anything we drop the beret?  I
added ears that tried to look less deer-like while still looking like
fuzzy ears and Bassam is not happy with them and might jump on the list
making his own ears.

I actually kind of like numbers 5, 6, 7, 8 on the right.

Anyway, that's the state of things.  Thoughts?

--
http://dustycloud.org/