social-mediagoblin

Re: [Social-mediagoblin] MediaGoblin: the Logo

From: Thorsten Wilms
Subject: Re: [Social-mediagoblin] MediaGoblin: the Logo
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 10:01:23 +0200

On 06/30/2011 05:59 AM, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:

You shouldn't jump on one idea like that, but rather quickly generate a pool of concepts/sketches. Grab a pen or pencil and fill _at_least_ one sheet of paper.

http://dustycloud.org/tmp/logo_attempt_minimalist_ears.png

A less good attempt on the M:
http://dustycloud.org/tmp/logo_attempt_minimalist_ears2.png

A maybe misguided attempt at the beret
http://dustycloud.org/tmp/logo_attempt_minimalist_ears_beret.png

And obviously these are gimp and not inkscape, and maybe they look a bit
like bat wings, but I have to say that I'm pretty excited about this
idea.  I don't think it looks perfect but I think it's maybe really in
the right direction?

It does make me think bat wings rather than ears. Given the context, this at best suggests the project is for manga-drawing kids/teens, I'd say ;)

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/