social-mediagoblin

Re: [Social-mediagoblin] GNU MediaGoblin logo designs and color choices

From: Jef van Schendel
Subject: Re: [Social-mediagoblin] GNU MediaGoblin logo designs and color choices
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 00:23:25 +0200

2011/5/25 Stefano Maffulli <address@hidden>:
> I like the idea of associating image and logotype. I like also the
> design you proposed. I would suggest to define the values of the project
> and measure the effectiveness of your proposal against them.
>
> What do you think are the values of mediagoblin?
>
> /stef

Yup, that's a good point.

To measure the effectiveness of a design, you need to know those
values, otherwise you're just making stuff up as you go. Which can
lead to designs that are based on hot air and simply don't make much
sense. :)

We haven't actually written down those values AFAIK. I remember
mentioning it when I first hopped on the IRC channel, but I left it at
that. I should probably work on this and write some general design
guidelines. Especially if we want to get a reasonably consistent style
and interface.

Jef