social-mediagoblin

[Social-mediagoblin] Migrations, and why you should run ./bin/gmg migrat

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [Social-mediagoblin] Migrations, and why you should run ./bin/gmg migrate
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 16:28:56 -0500

Hey, so we've been hoping to get migrations for a while, and that's
finally happened.  The first migration we have here is that User objects
were previously embedded rather than referenced in MediaEntry entries.

This means that you have to use our new migration tool.  So:

$ git pull && ./bin/buildout

to fetch the latest changes and update your environment, and then run:

$ ./bin/gmg migrate

to update your database.

Thanks!  Hopefully we'll get better info on this added to the docs soon.

--
𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓐𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓷 𝓦𝓮𝓫𝓫𝓮𝓻