social-mediagoblin

Re: [Social-mediagoblin] Fwd: Re: Templates, CSS, Images, JS, licensing

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [Social-mediagoblin] Fwd: Re: Templates, CSS, Images, JS, licensing
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 18:56:12 -0500

will kahn-greene <address@hidden> writes:

> On 04/21/2011 04:23 PM, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
>>
>> So, this was very helpful.  I think Will and I are both on the side now
>> of using AGPLv3 for templates.  I don't think it's *too* much else to
>> ask.  It may be worth archiving this information... I know will already
>> wrote some licensing rationale stuff in the docs... could you capture
>> this change, and why we considered CC0 for the templates and changed it,
>> Will?  That would be both helpful for us in the future, and maybe other
>> projects which consider similar things.
>
> I will capture this epic tale in iambic pentameter with a variety of
> neologisms just like the bard himself!
>
> Actually, it'd be really funny to discover that Macbeth was really the
> epic tale slightly embellished of a licensing decision.  At least, I
> think it'd be funny.

Not Macbeth, but definitely Hamlet, which is the saga of a young man
who's previously noble and copylefted estate is undergoing proprietary
relicensing and whose father has called him to unveil the truth: that in
fact the current king has hid the fact that not everyone signed the
contributor agreement and so everyone is unquestionably still bound by
copyleft.

Unfortunately everyone kills each other.  Fortunately, that ends the
relicensing deal before it can go through.

  Angels and ministers of grace defend us!--
  Be thou a spirit of health or *goblin* damn'd
  Bring with thee airs from heaven or blasts from hell,
  Be thy intents wicked or charitable,

  [… minor pause in the play! …]

  With, ho! such bugs and *goblins* in my life,--
  That, on the supervise, no leisure bated,
  No, not to stay the grinding of the axe,
  My head should be struck off.

All of this goblin talk was about mediagoblin, we are *officially
endorsed* by Shakespeare, everything is great, this email I'm sending
out isn't a stupid waste of everyone's time or anything.

 - cwebb out

--
𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓐𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓷 𝓦𝓮𝓫𝓫𝓮𝓻