social-mediagoblin

[Social-mediagoblin] web-site, docs, et al (status 4/7/2011)

From: will kahn-greene
Subject: [Social-mediagoblin] web-site, docs, et al (status 4/7/2011)
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 21:40:03 -0400

I talked to Matt, then I talked to Chris, and then I talked to myself in
the mirror for 15 minutes or so.

Here's where we're at:

1. I ran sphinx-quickstart and added the basic Sphinx doc infrastructure
to the mediagoblin repository in the docs/ directory.  This will house
documentation that needs to be versioned alongside the code and covers
installation, upgrading, usage and API documentation of the software.

For now on, I'll refer to the stuff in the docs/ directory of the
mediagoblin repository as "the documentation".

2. I talked with Matt about the web-site.  The web-site will be in a
different repository than the mediagoblin software.  The web-site covers
information that's not versioned: project details, how to contribute,
the big plan, news, location of the git repository, IRC channel, mailing
list, how many goblins it takes to screw in a lightbulb, ...  It will
also have a HTML version of the documentation of the most recent
release.  That documentation will come from the mediagoblin repository.

There will also be a script that automates building the web-site so that
Matt and Rob can clone the repository, run the script and have the
web-site updated.

>From now on, I'll refer to the stuff in the web-site repository and on
the web-site as "the web-site".

3. Matt mentioned working on branding which I think also covers the look
and feel of the web-site and the documentation.  I need help with this.
 For now, I'll throw up a page that looks like it was written in the 90s
that covers basic things.

Things I need help with:

1. Someone with access to the Mediagoblin project in gitorious to create
a mediagoblin-website repository and give me access.

Matt, do you have admin access to the Mediagoblin project on gitorious?
 Can you do this for me?

2. Someone who has design skills to help me figure out the look and feel
for the web-site.  This involves figuring out color schemes, fonts to
use, layout, and also art.  If you're interested, let me know.

3. Someone who likes doing logos to throw together some possible logo
ideas.  The project name is "GNU MediaGoblin".  Chris was thinking
goblins as fun creatures rather than scary ones.  He also said he has
some logo ideas he drew a year ago.  So I think he should be involved in
this discussion.  If you're interested, let me know.

That's it for today!

/will