smc-devel

Re: [smc-devel] Malayalam compendium

From: Guntupalli Karunakar
Subject: Re: [smc-devel] Malayalam compendium
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 19:33:35 +0530

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 07:00:09 -0500
"Baiju M" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Now comependium has about 9000 translations, translations of some
> applications are check in to GNOME CVS by Christian Rose and
> Karunakar is check in the remaining translations.
>
> If anyone is interested to become the co-ordinator of GNOME
> translation works, please mail to this list as early as possible.
>
> You can see the status page here :
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.2/ml/index.html
>
> See our language is now in "UNSUPPORTED" section (i.e.,
> translatlations below 50%) http://www.gnome.org/i18n
>
> We have to make it more than 80%. i.e a "SUPPORTED" language?
>
> you can see some screenshots here :
> http://www.keralaindustry.org/malayalam

 Baiju , could you tell how the translations are being done, how many
people are doing it, what tools they are using - what is team
structure etc. This will be helpful for teams like Telugu, Marathi
which are just starting off. They can learn from Malayalam
experiences.

Regards,
Karunakar

--
Hating people is like burning down your house to get rid of a rat -
Anon

* Indian Linux project    *
* http://www.indlinux.org *