smc-devel

Re: [smc-devel] linux curriculam in Malayalam!!!!!!!

From: Baiju M
Subject: Re: [smc-devel] linux curriculam in Malayalam!!!!!!!
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:42:53 +0400 (SCT)

Well, I can give some pointers here. You can contact Arun M
(arun AT freedevelopers.net) for further details.

Any further discussion about this can be posted to
address@hidden mailing list.

Last year IT @ school project is started in 8th standared.
As part of this project, they prepared a carriculam based
propriatery softwares (mainly MS Windows).

http://www.keralaeducation.org

Now due to FSF India and other free software enthusiasts efforts,
Swathanthra software (free software) is going to introduce in schools
of Kerala.

When it comes to free software, volunteers has a lot to do in this
effort.

You can see details about syllabus and chapters at FSF Education
mailing list archives.

http://mm.gnu.org.in/pipermail/fsf-edu/

We are now about to complete textbook for 9th std.

Now, how you can volunteer this effort.

If you are an educationalist, please go through syllabus and textbook.
And write your suggestions.

You can conduct seminars/workshops in you local area.
We at Free Software User Group, Kozhikode will be able to help
in Malabar area. We already conducted a one day workshop for
school authorities (mainly LTSP). FSUG Kozhikode
has prepared an educational CD
(GLUE - GNU/Linux Utilities for Education). If anyone want copies of it,
please contact me. The CD is bootable, and it is based on RedHat
distro. If anyone can make a Debian version, it will be very nice.
http://www.geocities.com/fsug_calicut

If you are good in writing, a unofficial book can be prepared.

If you are so rich, you can help FSF India by donating.

If we can complete translation of GNOME before next june,
it will be very good thing, then we can include GNOME in GLUE CD.

And lots of other things are to do, you can write your
suggestions and queries to FSF Education list.

Regards,
Baiju M
--
http://baijum81.tripod.com