sks-devel

Re: Livelihood statistics of the SKS keyserver network

From: Gunnar Wolf
Subject: Re: Livelihood statistics of the SKS keyserver network
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 00:53:12 -0500

Hello Gabor,

Gabor Kiss dijo [Thu, May 13, 2021 at 06:38:49AM +0200]:
> > thing of anything to improve on what I'm doing. Of course, I cannot
> > apply any changes  to already-collected data, but there are surely
> > many other things that can be considered.
>
> > Do note that at the beginning I sampled the network much more often
> > (hourly). I decided this was too much, and since June 2019, am now
> > walking the network only every four hours. I do hope nobody sees this
> > as excessive!
>
> Okay, but it would be useful if you could standardize the graphs somehow.
> I.e. try to PLOT successful_connections per time_interval.

I don't know if I understood this correctly. As I said, I changed the
polling frequency after a couple of months; I am sure this would skew
the results.

My first plots had one column for each sample. What I'm doing now
-precisely, in order to normalize the plot- is to "lump together" all
of the plots for a given day into the same column. Thus, the generated
plot respects and properly represents time (skipping a day here or
there, as there might be some glitches in my data acquisition), but
mostly in an uniform way.

(...or... Did I completely fail to understand you?)