sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Launching a new keyserver on keys.openpgp.org!

From: Vincent Breitmoser
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Launching a new keyserver on keys.openpgp.org!
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 23:32:02 +0200

Following up on this:

Anyone got some good idea on how to continuously sync certificate updates from
the SKS pool?

We imported the sks dump to keys.openpgp.org, specifically the non-identity
parts.  We did this mostly to ensure that users of keys.openpgp.org will
reliably receive revocations that were uploaded to SKS. However, so far we don't
have a very good concept on how to keep that information up to date.

Of course, we could keep re-importing the dump on a regular basis. That is
a fairly heavy operation though, and I would prefer to receive updates in a more
timely fashion.

I don't know much about SKS. Is it perhaps possible to simply keep a list of
updated fingerprints around? That's essentially the only info needed.  Would be
thankful if anyone more experienced with SKS could lend us a hand here :)

Cheers

 - V