skribilo-users

Re: Continuous integration for skribilo

From: Jonathan McHugh
Subject: Re: Continuous integration for skribilo
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 21:40:28 +0000

November 10, 2021 6:50 PM, "Arun Isaac" <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have set up continuous integration using laminar for skribilo on my
> personal server at home. Currently, there are two jobs.
>
> 1. https://ci.systemreboot.net/jobs/skribilo-with-guile-3.0 builds skribilo
> with
> the Guix guile-3.0 package
> 2. https://ci.systemreboot.net/jobs/skribilo-with-guile-3.0-latest
> builds skribilo with the Guix guile-3.0-latest package.
>
> These jobs are triggered by a post-receive hook in a mirror of the
> skribilo git repo hosted on my server and published at
> https://git.systemreboot.net/skribilo . Unfortunately, this means that
> only I can trigger rebuilds. It would have been better if savannah
> exposed a web hook or similar.

I noticed the recent commit switches the Emacs minor mode from Skribe to
Skribilio, any idea
whether it more than just a namechange?

> Laminar also provides neat little badges
> https://ci.systemreboot.net/badge/skribilo-with-guile-3.0.svg and
> https://ci.systemreboot.net/badge/skribilo-with-guile-3.0-latest.svg for
> these jobs.

Cool! Perhaps rather than just the HTML cruft the overviews existed as a Finger
(type!) status?

You have the added confidence of demonstrating a Guix install - if there were a
bunch of peers using such a refined setup things could be interesting with them
making updates based upon peers badges. Such an approach could help alleviate
or complement interfacing issues concerning hooks (if not reduce CI's
environmental footprint if people were to commit to being the next builder (a
CI builer queue?)).

> I'm CCing Jonathan since he wished to be notified when I had set up CI
> for skribilo.

Im pleased to be informed but am already an avid follower of this ML.

> Regards,
> Arun

Jonathan McHugh
indieterminacy@libre.brussels