skribilo-users

*skribe-rc-directory* and HOME

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: *skribe-rc-directory* and HOME
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 10:31:19 +0530

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a laminar continuous integration service for
skribilo. I am building skribilo in an environment where the HOME
environment variable is not defined. In that environment, the
*skribe-rc-directory* definition in line 108 of
src/guile/skribilo/utils.scm errors out since getenv returns #f and #f
is not a string. How should we handle this?

1. Should I just setenv HOME in my CI build script?
2. Or, should we define some better value for *skribe-rc-directory* in
the absence of HOME?

I think option 2 is better, but can't decide what that better value
should be.

WDYT?

Regards,
Arun