skribilo-users

[skribilo-users] configure: error: searching for guile development files

From: kevinbanjo
Subject: [skribilo-users] configure: error: searching for guile development files
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 20:13:32 -0700

Hi, I downloaded the most recent tarball (0.9.3) and after installing guile 2.2.0 I tried to do a ./configure and got this:
configure: error: in `/home/kevin/0work/skribilo-0.9.3':
configure: error: searching for guile development files for versions 2.0 1.8, but previously found /usr/local/bin/guile version 2.2
See `config.log' for more details

I had those other versions of guile installed earlier (via synaptic package manager under peppermint (ubuntu) linux but I uninstalled them and installed guile 2.2.0 from source).

now I get

$ guile --version
guile (GNU Guile) 2.2.0

Help?