skribilo-users

[skribilo-users] Pie charts using Guile-Cairo

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: [skribilo-users] Pie charts using Guile-Cairo
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 15:02:16 +0100

Hi!

Michael Vehrs <address@hidden> skribis:

> On 01/15/2017 11:59 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Michael Vehrs <address@hidden> skribis:
>>
>>> I would like to become familiar with the Skribilo source code. Is
>>> there a simple janitorial task I could attempt? Replacing skribe-error
>>> seems a plausible candidate, unless there are special considerations.
>> Indeed, this is a good candidate.
>>
>> ‘TODO’ has some other items.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ludo’.
>>

> Alright, I'll have a look at that, then. I wasn't sure whether all
> TODO items were still up to date. Meanwhile, here is a small pie
> charting program I wrote. It uses guile-cairo. In my opinion, the
> charts it generates are at least as good as those generated by
> ploticus. It can also generate textures, which is mentioned as a wish
> list item in the manual.

Ooh, that's awesome!  And indeed it’s at least as good as what Ploticus
produces.

I think we should integrate it in Guile-Charting proper, it’s a very
useful addition.  Would you like to turn it into a patch against
Guile-Charting and send it to Andy Wingo (you can Cc: skribilo-users or
myself so we keep track of it)?

After that you could change the writers for the ‘base’ engine in
(skribilo package pie) to use Guile-Charting.

Thank you!

Ludo’.