skribilo-users

Re: [skribilo-users] Customising the ConTeXt engine

From: Roger Mason
Subject: Re: [skribilo-users] Customising the ConTeXt engine
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 13:59:37 -0330

Hi Ludo',

> Roger Mason <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> The user can get a context document by providing context customisations
>> in "context-book.tex" or in some '*.tex' file if they use skribilo's
>> user-style option.  I made a few other changes too and have been able to
>> generate compilable context files.
>
> OK.  I guess we should integrate this change, or even get rid of the
> “\input context-*.tex” by default.
>
> WDYT?

The advantage of having a default is that it can implement commands that
are then embedded in the context document.  My current version of
context-book.tex sets up commants for the document title that are then
called in the context document file itself.

>> A possible improvement would be to have skribilo _write_ the default
>> context customisation file "context-book.tex" but I don't know how to do
>> this because I don't know much Guile.
>
> What would it put in that file?

The same stuff that a user might put in by hand and which is guaranteed
to allow the generated document to be compileable by context.

> Isn’t it better left to users?

Some users would probably prefer that.  However, if we could get
skribilo to create the default context-book.tex the user would have the
option to use it as-is, and get a compileable context document without
further effort, or to copy it to a different name and tweak the context
settings.  Running skribilo wth the user-style option would then provide
a customised version of their context document.

>> I am working on getting skribilo to read org-mode syntax.
>
> There are a couple of pretty good org-mode parsers for Guile, notably
> one used in <http://wingolog.org/projects/guile-present/>.  I strongly
> recommend using one of these.  (Feel free to ask people about this on
> #guile on the Freenode IRC network, or address@hidden)

Interestingly, I found that this morning after browsing the skribilo
TODO.  I will have a look.

>> I have a question about getting from the outline format to the full
>> skribilo document format.
>
> I just pointed at the example that’s in the manual:
>
>   http://www.nongnu.org/skribilo/doc/user-3.html#outline-syntax
>
> Does it help?

What is the command line I would use to make the conversion?  I did not
see a skribilo _writer_ in the distribution.

> The automatic conversion shown here is not suitable if you want to
> manually edit the result though, because, as you can see, it uses Scheme
> syntax instead of Skribe syntax (no square brackets.)

I have the same dumb question as above: what is the command line that
generates this from the outline syntax?

Thanks,
Roger