skribilo-users

Re: [skribilo-users] wishlist: multicol LaTeX package support

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [skribilo-users] wishlist: multicol LaTeX package support
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 14:24:46 +0200

Carlos Carleos <address@hidden> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> escribió / skribis [*]:

[...]

>> However, to integrate it in Skribilo proper, we’d need a reasonable
>> implementation of that markup in LaTeX, but also in HTML and Lout
>> (ideally Info as well...)  Actually, I seem to recall it cannot really
>> be done in Lout so perhaps we’d have to ignore that one.
>>
>> Would you like to try this?
>
> With time...
>
> For HTML, I suppose that I would have to use CSS3 [*].

So far the HTML engine uses little or no CSS actually, just the
old-fashioned stuff.  ;-)

Perhaps an HTML <table> would do, no?

> For (Tex)Info and Lout I do not find in their manuals a way to to easily
> set multiple-columns pieces of text.  Maybe by using tables, as the
> Javascript in http://rebelion.org [2].

It’s Info, not Texinfo, so the text renderer is actually implemented in
Skribilo itself.  In particular, (skribilo utils text-table) has support
for building tables in textual forms, so probably this is what should be
used here (after all, a multi-column section is essentially a table.)

Ludo’.