skribilo-users

Re: [skribilo-users] Why use a dedicated reader ?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [skribilo-users] Why use a dedicated reader ?
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:45:09 +0200

Amirouche Boubekki <address@hidden> skribis:

> Right now, I don't see the Skribe syntax as more friendly than what I can
> be achieved with the default guile reader, especially the escape sequence
> ,( I understand why it is useful, but I think it introduce some complexity.
>
> The difference with my program that does «s-expr to html» seem to be that
> inline elements inside a paragraph feet naturally and there is not need for
> «extra» space, for instance:

(BTW, Skribilo does more than just converting its syntax to HTML etc.
See resolve.scm and all the things relating to introspection, for
instance.  :-))

> (p [what do you think about ,(bold "bold") text])
>
> Has to be written in my program as:
>
> (paragraph "what do you think about " (bold "bold") " text")
>
> Hmmm, rethinking about this makes me think that Skribe syntax is best. I
> have to update my program to use it :)

Yeah, I find the Skribe syntax more convenient than Scheme for actual
documents.  And there’s an editing mode for Emacs, too.

For simple documents the outline syntax is fine, though not as nice
as Org.

Thanks,
Ludo’.