skribilo-users

[skribilo-users] Plans for the Future

From: Karl Winterling
Subject: [skribilo-users] Plans for the Future
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:28:27 -0800

Hi,

I've been aware of Skribilo for about a year now and I think that the
whole concept behind it is awesome. However, there are a few
shortcomings I've noticed. Most notably, it seems hard to get Guile
running on Windows (which raises portability concerns) and equation
formatting seems underdeveloped. It would be great if Skribilo evolved
into some modular scientific office suite Scheme library with a type
of structured WYSIWYM editor (like GNU TeXmacs) with math support.
Unfortunately, it seems like members of the Scheme community are more
interested in meaningless debates about standardization.

---Karl