skribilo-users

Re: [skribilo-users] Maturity of current distribution?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [skribilo-users] Maturity of current distribution?
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 13:15:44 +0200

Hello!

James Haggerty <address@hidden> writes:

> I came across Skribilo as I was wandering the net after another
> episode of LaTeX rage. However, I notice that it does not look very
> mature: for instance, the pie-chart bounding boxes are messed up in
> the PDF and HTML versions of the manual, the slides in the HTML manual
> are displayed very poorly, and the HTML manual has no space between
> the chapter number and heading at the top (e.g. 1Skribilo rather than
> 1. Skribilo...).

Yes, there are a lot of "details" to be improved in the rendering.  It's
good to enumerate them like you did because it helps define a task list.
You might also want to use the bug tracker BTW, to make sure we don't
forget about these.  :-)

Regarding pie charts, the problems mostly come from Ploticus (which
produces the PNGs used in the HTML output) and Lout (which is used in
the PDF output).  We need to find a workarounds using these tools.

> The TODO list is also a bit worrying!

There are many things in there that are prospective, e.g., ideas to
improve the design that would not necessarily be user-visible.  Not that
much to worry about I think.  ;-)

> Unfortunately, I have (sadly) had very little exposure to Scheme, and
> though I would like to start using Skribilo I'm uncertain of my
> ability to fix problems. Is it likely that someone (i.e. Ludovic!)
> would be interested in bug-fixing if I was stumped?

Of course I'm interested in helping with bug fixing.  So please do
report bugs and I'll do my best to fix them if you don't come up with a
patch right away!

Thanks,
Ludo'.