site-engine-dev

Re: [site-engine-dev] The story so far...

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [site-engine-dev] The story so far...
Date: 01 Sep 2001 12:42:31 +0100

Welcome to today's installment.

Those methods aren't actually what the user part does at all.  It
provides three different methods: valid? which checks a username and
password; add! which adds a new user; remind! which sends out a
reminder; and two the same for admin, which are chooser and choose!.

The typical journey through the web site is seen as something like
this:

Starts with the list of sections;
Goes to a particular section which contains a list of articles in that
section;
Goes to a particular article which contains a list of comments on that
article;
Goes to a particular comment.

At each stage, of course, the user can backtrack and pick a different
path at the previous list, or they can add to the available content by
suggesting a new comment, article or entry in a section.  Whether or
not this is accepted and displayed by default will depend on the
policy of the site, but for my site, I intend comments to appear
automatically and everything else to wait in the chooser for an admin
to approve it.

The ad server, of course, can output in each page.

Please, feel free to comment.