sipwitch-devel

[Sipwitch-devel] Telephone number mapping via blockchain

From: Rene Bartsch
Subject: [Sipwitch-devel] Telephone number mapping via blockchain
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 13:46:17 +0200

Hi,

the Namecoin developers have tuned Bitcoin to allow namespaces (https://wiki.namecoin.info/index.php?title=Namespaces) for domains in a blockchain. I want to suggest to use a blockchain for mapping telephone numbers to SIP-URIs by integrating libcoin (http://libcoin.github.com/libcoin/) into Sipwitch. That way Sipwitch gets a signed P2P-key-value-storage. As key I suggest a 12-digit E.164-compliant decimal number (which allows to request a 3-digit international dial-prefix from ITU for PSTN-to-SIP-gateways) and as value I suggest a 3-dimensional array:

Array dimensions:
1. Call sequence (absolute start time of Invite/Ring)
2. Call group
3. SIP-URI

Example:

{