simulavr-devel

Re: Will simulavr support the Windows platform?

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: Will simulavr support the Windows platform?
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 15:59:51 +0100

This sounds good. As Thomas K  writes a re-integrate of Windows support
is possible. I will look at your branch and probably we get a strategy
how to merge everything. Honestly my attemps are currently
work-in-progress and without a clear strategy. I will setup a fork repo
on github so that we can see how it can be sync'd.

What version of Visual Studio do you use? I have VS2013 and VS2019
Community Edition available. This should be obscured by CMake, but I
would get a good feeling if we could share easier ideas.

> * the console tracer is now working. The console tracer was dropped a
very long time ago and I have no idea why. I reenabled printing register
content, memory content, register names, timestamp, irq vector name and
a lot more.
I just needed the register content during a simulation and have just
added this part. Sounds like you did much more.

> * open drain simulation is working again
Honestly I don't know what's the topic.

I have a problem on the desk: I want to simulate the UART RX ISR. I
currently don't have any idea how I can prepare the UART registers and
trigger an interrupt at a give CPU cylce (or cycle range).
- Does your branch supports this in any way?
- Did I miss this feature in the main branch?

Regards,
Helge