sed-devel

Re: [platform-testers] new snapshot available: sed-4.8.44-da23

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] new snapshot available: sed-4.8.44-da23
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 09:26:57 +0300

On Sun, Oct 23, 2022 at 08:56:33AM -0700, Jim Meyering wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 6:01 AM Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> wrote:
> > I get 2 test failures when building for arm-linux-gnueabihf using an
> > aarch64 host (pine64) on Guix. Currently these two tests are failing
> > already on armhf on Guix, as seen here¹, so we've cherry-picked a gnulib
> > commit² (on several packages) to skip some of those tests.
>
> Thank you for testing, but it looks like there's been a mix-up.
> The failing tests you list are running code that was removed in 2020.
> The gnulib commit you list even says it's removing those unportable tests.
>
> If some test fails, please send the test-suite.log file that's created
> at the end of "make check".

Indeed, I'm not sure what happened the first time I ran through the
build tests. I've run through them again on all the architectures I have
(x86_64-linux, i686-linux, aarch64-linux. armhf-linux, riscv64-linux,
powerpc-linux) on Guix and no build or test problems. I was able to
remove all the patches and other source adaptations we had applied and
was able to use the built sed to rebuild a few packages to build sed
again. Everything looks great on Guix.