sed-devel

Re: bootstrapping SED-4.5, circular dependency?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: bootstrapping SED-4.5, circular dependency?
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 04:59:04 +0100

Ludovic Courtès writes:

Hello,

> Jan, could it be that the ‘basename’ and ‘dirname’ implementations in
> Gash fail this test?  It might be that sed is not needed if you get
> these right.

Ah, yes!  I have added some test to Gash and this

    basename -- /

failed, producing the empty string, where coreutils' basename returns
`/'.

Gash "simply" (there is som if'ing involved) calls Guile's basename,
which disagrees here and returns "" for "/".

I'm assuming that this is expected behaviour for Guile?... so I
special-cased this for Gash' basename.

Greetings,
janneke

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com