sed-devel

Re: sed SEGV bug detected by ASAN

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: sed SEGV bug detected by ASAN
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 16:49:37 -0600

Hello,

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 11:01:28AM +0200, project-repo wrote:
> Sorry guys, that bug was the result of me tampering around with sed and
> not reverting my changes before I started fuzzing again. However, I
> believe that I have now found an actual bug as I was able to reproduce
> this bug on a clean repository cloned this morning. Following is a
> detailed backtrace of this bug.

I'm still unable to reproduce this one.
In fact, I think the attached "min" file is not a valid sed program.
It has:
   \0...0I

Which means it is only an regex address, with "I" flag, but
there is no sed command following the address.
when I run it, I get this error:

  $ echo| sed/sed -f min
  sed/sed: file min line 1: missing command

Perhaps it is the wrong "min" file?

regards,
 - assaf