sed-devel

Re: [platform-testers] new snapshot available: sed-4.2.2.177-a348

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] new snapshot available: sed-4.2.2.177-a348
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 00:24:02 -0800

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 9:21 PM, Assaf Gordon <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> On Dec 5, 2016, at 20:12, Jim Meyering <address@hidden> wrote:

>   Fedora 20 (ppc64)
>   Ubuntu 14.04 (aarch64)
>   Fedora 21 (ppc64le)
>   Ubuntu 15.04 (i686)
>   OpenSolaris 5.11 (i86, sun4u)

Hi Assaf,

Great to hear that.
Thank you for all of that testing.

I noticed one nit: when building from git on a system with
makeinfo-4.13, I now get many errors. However, when using
makeinfo-6.3, it works just fine. This suggests that we should either
use a more portable subset of texinfo markup in sed-in.texi, or
perhaps instead simply increase the minimum makeinfo version
requirement from 4.13 in bootstrap.conf.

What do you think?