sed-devel

Re: minor maintenance/doc updates

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: minor maintenance/doc updates
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 10:23:11 -0700

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 6:06 PM, Assaf Gordon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Attached 4 small changes for the documentation files.
>
> Comments welcomed.
>  - assaf
>

> Assaf Gordon (4):
>   maint: remove README-alpha
>   maint: remove superfluous name from THANKS.in

Thank you, Assaf!
One nit: In the commit log for the above, you used two git SHA checksums:

    * THANKS.in: Remove Pádraig Brady: He is the author of two commits
    (629ef7 and 737ca5) and will be automatically included in the
    auto-generated THANKS file.

Those are likely to become ambiguous, eventually. Commit logs will
never be changed, so please replace each with the "git desc" form that
will work forever:

 v4.2.1-37-g629ef76
 v4.2.1-1-g737ca5e

>   maint: update program name in THANKS.in
>   doc: update README

Also, when I run "make THANKS", I see this:

   GEN      THANKS
  ./thanks-gen: THANKS.in: duplicate name: Ralf Wildenhues

which means that second diff should remove this name, too, since it
will be automatically included.