sed-devel

Re: last test: follow-symlinks

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: last test: follow-symlinks
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 08:36:55 -0700

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 9:47 PM, Assaf Gordon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Attached is the last test (for now): for --follow-symlinks (the last big
> function in utils.c which was not covered at all).
> Slightly more complex patch than before, as this adds AM_CONDITIONAL to
> configure.ac, enabling the tests only of symlinks are supported.
>
> I do not have access to a machine without symlinks support, but testing in
> the following manner skips the 'follow-symlinks' tests:
>     ./configure ac_cv_func_lstat=no
>     make
>     make check SUBDIRS=./testsuite

Thanks for yet another test.
Only two nits:

In this file creation, please use something other than XXX, since at
first glance the contents of this file do not matter. The problem is
that some people use "XXX" to mark code that should be revisited.
Here, and in the tools I tend, we usually use "FIXME" for that, but
still, I see there are a few in sed's sources:

  +echo XXX > a || framework_failure_

Grammar nit: fix with s/not/non/:

  +#  which will be not-empty on the second invocation)

Thank again!