sdx-users

Re: [sdx-users] UTF-8 and ISO8859-1

From: Pierrick Brihaye
Subject: Re: [sdx-users] UTF-8 and ISO8859-1
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 21:47:13 +0100

Hi,

>  In SDX2.1 I had problem of searching in russian (I use Cybertheses
>  that based on SDX).

So... maybe your problem is Cybertheses-related.

> As I suppose, indexing is done normally

The best way to ckeck it is to launch the luke*.jar file provided with SDX :
it is a Lucene index viewer.

> - if i
>  search english(french) word in text - the page shows normally with
>  russian letters.

So... in UTF-8, I suppose ?

> But when I try to search some russian "Иван" word
>  it replaced with someting like "Иван".

Where ? What kind of HTMl code is sent to your browser ?

You could also log in a an admin and, instead of viewing an
http://localhost;8080/sdx/your_app/your_page.xsp URL, try to view the
"magic" http://localhost;8080/sdx/your_app/your_page.xsp2sdx.

>Somewhere on internet found that it is common mistake of european
programmers
>:)
>And to fix it I should change "StringBuffer" to "ByteArrayOutputStream":

Did you see such a coding mistake in SDX' one ? I didn't... but I may be
wrong.

Cheers,

p.b.