Re: Re: Re: Persistence of a window's title?

From: Steve Ross
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Persistence of a window's title?
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 17:08:59 -0500

Neal,

I just realized that, although one approach is to unset the PROMPT_COMMAND variable, another approach is to use the "screen" command of "defdynamictitle off" in my "~/.screenrc" file.  With this setting, the content of the PROMPT_COMMAND variable does not have an effect when opening new screen-window.

For a previously opened screen-window, the related "screen" command of "dynamictitle off" lets you to turn off dynamic changes to the title of the screen-window.

-- Steve Ross