Re: Using screens with a graphics terminal

From: Marcin Cieslak
Subject: Re: Using screens with a graphics terminal
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 18:25:37 +0000

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019, Rene Richarz wrote:

> But from time to time I want to use a graphics terminal emulator such as
> xterm -t or my own Tektronix 4010 emulator.  It works well with screens until
> I want to draw some graphics. Screens filters the graphics codes and I get
> only garbage. Is there a way to turn this filtering off, something like a raw
> mode?

To be able to re-draw the graphics on re-attach or window switch screen would
need to understand at least
some part of the Tektronix emulation. Maybe some kind of "storage tube"
technology could be applied
so that screen just gets a graphics dump from the emulator and somehow brings
it back without
understanding it too much.

Marcin