Screen Disconnects From Serial Port With No Message

From: R0b0t1
Subject: Screen Disconnects From Serial Port With No Message
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 02:00:18 -0500

Hello,

When using pyserial, I believe the error is something like "device
notified ready but no bytes to read." Screen may or may not be
encountering the same condition.

This is happening over a USB serial adapter connected to an embedded
system. During early boot the connection will be interrupted 2 or 3
times in quick succession. Afterwards the connection is much more
stable but disconnects still occur.

The cause isn't something obvious such as crossed wires or me touching
something.

Based on the error I received with pyserial I think it may be possible
to write some C code to get around this problem, but that will quickly
become more trouble than it's worth as many many programs have no
uniform interface to disable their output of terminal control
characters.

Cheers,
     R0b0t1