Re: Several queries

From: Manas Thakur
Subject: Re: Several queries
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 17:06:40 +0530

On 03-Oct-2017, at 2:58 PM, Amadeusz Sławiński <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, 2 Oct 2017 16:09:37 +0530
Manas Thakur <address@hidden> wrote:

4. When I close a full-region command, say vim or top, even with ‘altscreen on’, the prompt jumps to the bottom of the terminal (though altscreen is serving its purpose of clearing the screen above the prompt). Is thee a way the prompt stays back at the place from which the command started? I remember I did not see this problem on some older version of screen on a friend’s system.

This may be related to either:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?51832
or
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?49883

basically code restoring cursor position is complicated, because it
needs to handle a lot of cases and it needs some fixes

Yes, seems related to these bugs. The behavior (location of cursor) is exatly opposite though.

5. Is there a subreddit for gnu-screen? I couldn’t find one. I would be glad to create and manage one if you people are interested.

I see you already created it ;)

Yes. I had supposedly sent an announcement yesterday itself; looks like I sent it to the request email for the users list!!

Here is link for others who want to check it out:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gnuscreen/

I request you all to join the same and share your experiences.

you can probably also mention irc channel in sidebar (#screen on freenode)

Done. Thanks for the pointer :)

Cheers,
Amadeusz

Regards,